ICHINO, Masahiko Taiga Kiln
He is the proficient ceramic artist of Tanba Ware and one of the high-ranked ceramic artists in Japan.
In 1995, at the 13th Japan Ceramic exhibition, he made his vivid debut as the youngest winner by his original art “KAI” that looks like a large shell.
His arts have been introduced in the exhibitions not only in Japan but also all over the world.
“Senmonki,” with line design is a breathtaking art. It is the art piece of the contrast of red and black, which may be the expression of self-transcendence.
This artist’s arts are always full of originality and attracted attention of ceramic lovers over the world.
- Born in Sasayama-shi, Hyogo prefecture
- Studied under IMAI, Masayuki and his father "ICHINO, Shinsui"
- Established "Taiga Kiln"
- "The Chichibunomiya trophy" in the 13th Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition
- Oversea tour of Japanese Ceramic Exhibition (Japan Foundation Sponsorship, South America)
Japanese Art Craft "Ima (the present time)" 100 selection (NHK Sponsorship, Paris and Japan tour)
- The Tea Ceremony Contemporary Art Exhibition in Helsinki City Museum, Finland)
International Ceramics Exhibition in China Art Gallery Beijing, China
- Asian Contemporary Ceramics Exhibition in Yingge Ceramics Museum Taipei, Taiwan
- Contemporary Korea and Japanese Ceramic Exhibition in Kumho Museum Seoul, Korea
- COLLECT (2004, 2008 Victoria and Albert Museum, 2009, 2010 Seatchi Gallery in England)
Sanyo Sanin Contemporary Ceramics Exhibition V in Higashihiroshima City Museum of Art
- "Japan Ceramic Society prize"
- Invitation to Modern Ceramic Art in The Museum of Ceramic Art, Hyogo prefecture
- Contemporary Art -Life & Art- in Higashi Hiroshima City Museum of Art
- The Grand prize in the Tanabe Museum of Art "Tea Ceremony Formative Arts Exhibition"
- Contemporary Ceramics for the Tea Ceremony - Free Creativity and Atypical Usage - in Musee Tomo
A view point on Contemporary Art Craft in the National Museum of Modern Art, Tokyo Craft & Design
- "The Hyogo prefectural Culture prize"
New Orleans Museum of Art
Victoria & Alert Museum
The Museum of Ceramic Art, Hyogo
Higashihiroshima City Musuem of Art
The Tanabe Museum of Art
Kamitachikui-Onaka, Konda-cho, Sasayama-shi, Hyogo 669-2135 Japan