TOP > Artists > SATOMI, Toshitaka
The young ceramic artist who leads the Mikawachi Ware in Nagasaki prefecture.
Since his art was nominated for Grand Prix for Nagasaki Ceramics Exhibition in 2002, he has been caught the attention of many ceramic lovers.
The important way that he always tries to dye ceramics elegant, delicate, and soft is to draw pictures realistically with minute brushwork and heap up exact lines.
Especially, his art expressed the motif of dolls in classical Chinese dress is one of the valuable arts.
- Born in Mikawachicho Sasebo-shi, Nagasaki prefecture
- Graduation from Nagasaki prefecture Sasebosouth high school
- Graduation from Kyoto Education University
- Graduation from Kyoto prefectural High Potter Technique College
Studied under TAKANO, Shoami at Kiyomizu-yaki Exhibition (until March, 1998, Kyoto)
- Entered Hiradokakushou Kiln
- "Yomiuri Newspaper Publisher prize" and "NCC prize" in the 26th Mikawachi Pottery Exhibition
- "Grand prix" in the Nagasaki Ceramics Exhibition
- Honorable Mention in the Nagasaki Ceramics Exhibition
689 Mikawachi-cho, Sasebo-shi, Nagasaki 859-3155 Japan