TOP > Artists > OKADA, Yu
・Yuh worked for the fishing company, Kyokuyo Co., Ltd.
・He changed the occupation because some kind of Hagi ware simplicity inspired him to enter the new world.
・The series of original piece called "ensai" is based on the idea that was come up with when he travelled to the Silk Road.
・Once just he realized how important the form is and treats about the balance between the shape and the color.
・In 2006, he was designated as Intangible Cultural Asset as a holder of Hagi Ware in Yamaguchi prefecture.
- Hikari-shi, Yamaguchi prefecture in 1946
- Keio University (- 1968)
- 1-ku, Maeobata, Cinto, Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi 758-0011 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The TV Yamaguchi Award at the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramic Exhibition (1985)
The Kumamoto prefecture Governor's Award at the West Japan Ceramic Exhibition (1989)
The Asahi Broadcasting Station Award at the Japan Arts Crafts Association Yamaguchi Chapter Exhibition (1997)
The Grand prix at the 4th Kikuchi Biennale (2011)
The the Excellent Award in the Modeling in the tea ceremony Exhibition, "Chanoyu-no-zokei" (2018)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition and other exhibitions
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs / The Yamaguchi Prefectural Museum of Art / Tanabe Museum of Art / Sogo Musemu of Art /
Museum of Modern Ceramic Art, Gifu / Ibaraki Ceramic Art Museum / Ceramic Trade Fair Masahiko / Hagi Uragami Museum