TOP > Artists > YOSHITA, Yukio
・Yukio is the son of YOSHITA, Minori who is the Important intangible cultural property "Yurikinsai".
・It's an impotant procees that he works thing called a "kinkeshi" to grind gold foiles into powder by hand.
・He paints with multiple colors and finish with fine gold foils and this comes as precious scene.
・Of cource, Kinzan Kiln has a long history for generations, Yukio is trying to achieve his own style today.
・The tone of the light colors is refined with all handmade procsss.
- Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa prefecture in 1960
- Kanazawa Colledge of Art (- 1982)
Ishikawa prefectural Kutaniyaki Technical Research Center
- To-18, Takandomachi, Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa 923-0031 Japan
- Adjunct Lecturer in Kanazawa College of Art
Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Kutaniyaki Preservation Society
- The Encouragement prize in the Asahi Ceramic Exhibition (1985)
The Grand prix in the Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (1992)
The Encouragement prize in the Chozasho Ceramics Exhibition (1998)
The TOKI Oribe Silver prize in the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (2000)
The Takamatsunomiya memrorial prize in the Japanese Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (2010)
The Japan Kogei Association prize in the Ishikawa Kogei Exhibition (2018)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Ishikawa Kogei Exhibitioni, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition and other exhibitions
Ishikawa prefectural museum of Art
Komatsu City Museum
Indianapolis Museum of Art
Victoria and Albert Museum