TOP > Artists > SHIMIZU, Ichiji
・SHIMIZU was brought up in the family of kiln business, and then got to start ceramic after graduated university.
・He started to think about becoming artist independently to make new Tanba-yaki, while learning in various places.
・The Hakuyo kiln was established at Kamitachikui where he is originally from.
・His works are increasingly valued among public exhibitions and he has come to be able to receive prize.
・These days he engages in new style of pottery whcih is based on noble white color called shirotanba.
・His works provide us with delicate balance of colors and shapes.
・Solo exhibitons are hold in various locations.
- Konda-cho, TanbaSasayama-shi, Hyogo prefecture in 1961
- Osaka University of Economics (- 1984)
- 393 Kamitachikui, Konda-cho, Sasayama-shi, Hyogo 669-2135 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Hyogo Arts and Crafts Artists Association
- The TOKI Oribe Silver prize in the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (2000)
The Excellent prize in the ware of Bonsai's Pot Exhibition (2002)
The Ibaraki Ceramic Art Museum prize in the Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition (2009)
The Chairman of the Shiga prefectural Board of Education prize in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition, Kinki (2009)
The Encouragement prize in TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2014)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, Kinki, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition and other exhibitions
Hagi Uragami Museum
Kyoto Daikaku-ji temple
Takagi Bonsai Art Musuem
Ibakaki Ceramic Art Museum
The Museum of Ceramic Art, Hyogo
Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA)