TOP > Artists > SHOMURA, Ken
・His home Banko kiln was established in 1884 and his ancestor was a venerable potter for making Japanpese iroe in overglaze enamel.
・He learned how to throw the wheel under INOUE, Manji who is designated Important Intangible Cultural Property for six years.
・MARUYAMA, Masami also taught Shoumura and he aquired the basic of making toki ceramic.
・Starting from the first selection for the Saga Kenten, he got prize in a variety of sponsored exhibition.
・He is mixing between glaze used for the sake of ceramic and porcelain feldspar and new vivid color is made.
・Shomura is expressing fantastic blue or red color on the porcelain.
- Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga prefecture in 1949
- Arita Industry High School (- 1968 March)
- 1-2-3 Akaemachi, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 844-0027 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Saga Ceramic Art Association
Arita Ceramic Art Association
- Medals of Honour
- Ojuhosho (Medal with a Yellow Ribbon) in 2019
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (1980)
The Gorvernor prize in the Saga Kenten (1981)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1983)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture Encouragement prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (1988)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan,
The TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition and other exhibitions