TOP > Artists > SHOMURA, Ken
・The Banko-gama Shoken was built in 1884 and there were ancestors who produced iroe, overglaze enamel.
・He learned all including the art of potter's wheel under INOUE, Manji who is designated the Important Intangible Cultural Property.
・Then he also trained himself under Maruyama Masami about making stoneware, "toki". That experience leads to the base on his lifetime.
・Being selected in the Saga Kenten, then he has won awards at various public exhibitions.
・Fantastic and vivid colors are attractive with many of us.
- Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga prefecture in 1949
- Arita Industry High School (- 1968 March)
- 1-2-3 Akaemachi, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 844-0006 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Saga Ceramic Art Association
Arita Ceramic Art Association
- Medals of Honour
- Ojuhosho (Medal with a Yellow Ribbon) in 2019
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (1980)
The Gorvernor prize in the Saga Kenten (1981)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1983)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture Encouragement prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (1988)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan,
The TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition and other exhibitions