TOP > Artists > SHOMURA, Ken
・The Banko kiln was established in 1884 and there were ancestors of the Shomura family in making iroe, overglaze enamel.
・He learned all things wheel throwing under INOUE, Manji who is designated the Important Intangible Cultural Property.
・Then he trained under Maruyama Masami about making stoneware, "toki". The experience leads to the base on life.
・Starting from the first selection in the Saga Kenten, he got prize in a variety of sponsored exhibition.
・Fantastic and vivid colors are attractive with many of us.
・Shomura is expressing fantastic blue or red color on the porcelain.
- Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga prefecture in 1949
- Arita Industry High School (- 1968 March)
- 1-2-3 Akaemachi, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 844-0006 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Saga Ceramic Art Association
Arita Ceramic Art Association
- Medals of Honour
- Ojuhosho (Medal with a Yellow Ribbon) in 2019
- The Ministry of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (1980)
The Gorvernor prize in the Saga Kenten (1981)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1983)
The Minister of Education, Science and Culture Encouragement prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (1988)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan,
The TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition and other exhibitions