TOP > Artists > KAKO, Katsumi
・KAKO grew up in Kyoto and was naturally familiar with pottery.
・He has respectful mind to Tanba-yaki and moved to the place of Sasayama-shi to start his next ceramic life.
・Some ceramics are fired in the makigama, it makes them easier to express earth's quality.
・Original series called haikakuto are made of an image like ancient clay figure haniwa.
・His works give us kindness and impression with decent shape.
・We can see Kako's works in the exhibiton that are holding in the gallery.
- Kyoto-shi, Kyoto prefecture in 1965
- Kyoto Saga Art College (- 1986)
- 299 Kamisasami, TanbaSasayama-shi, Hyogo 669-2534 Japan
- The Encouragement prize in the Contemporary Tea Bowl Exhibition (1997)
The Excellent prize in the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (2004)
The Encouragement prize in the Contemporary Tea Bowl Exhibition (2010)
The Encouragement prize in the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (2011)
and many more
- The Asahi Ceramic Art Exhibition, The Choza Award Contemporary Ceramic Exhibition, The Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition and other exhibitions