TOP > Artists > OKADA, Yasushi
・OKADA, Yasushi is the son of OKADA, Yuh who is Intangible Cultural Asset as a holder of Hagi Ware.
・He majored in sculpture at Tokyo Zokei University, and learned how to make ceramic in Kyoto.
・Having accumulated experiences, he had gradually improved his skill.
・In 2009, his work was the first time selection in the Japan Traditional Arts Crafts exhibition, it has persisted ever since then.
・The original glaze called "tanseiyu" is created and some features like simple, gentle mood is shared with us.
・He makes new style in Hagi Ware and we look forward to his future development.
- Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi prefecture in 1976
- Tokyo Zokei University (- 2002)
Kyoto-fu College of Potter Technology (-2003)
Kyoto-shi Industrial Research Institute (-2005)
- 1-ku, Maeobata, Cinto, Hagi-shi, Yamaguchi 758-0011 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Hagi Ceramic Association
- The Yomiuri Newspaper company Hokkaido branch prize in the Otaki Hokkaido Ceramics exhibition (2007)
The Yamaguchi prefecture governor prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2008)
The Excellent prize in the Yamaguchi prefectural Art Exhibition (2009)
The Asahi Culture Center prize in the Exhibition of Traditional Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2010)
The Encouragement prize in the Kikuchi Biennale (2013)
The Yamaguchi prefecture governor prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2015)
The JA Group Yamaguchi Tsuchinohana prize in the Yamaguchi Traditional Ceramic Exhibition (2017)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition, The Arita International Ceramics Competition and other exhibitions