TOP > Artists > MATSUO, Jun
・Jun is the son of MATSO, Shigetoshi whose works of seihakuj fascinted with many people.
・He learned craftsmanship and attitude about kogei under IWABUCHI, Shigeya in Kyoto.
・The main works are enyu and yakishime, made with the skill related to Karatsu-yaki.
・Regarding enyu, he throws salt into the kiln during firing, it volatilizes to be a glaze.
・You can see two kinds of delicate colors red and black that are seen onto the pottery.
・He works hard to express new Takeo-yaki by simple combination.
- Takeo-shi, Saga prefecture in 1961
- Kyoto Saga Art College (- 1982)
- 8530 Oazakawago, Wakaki-cho, Takeo-shi, Saga 843-0151 Japan
- Saga Ceramic Art Association
- The Saga Ceramic Art Association prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (1986)
Rookie of the Year Award of cultural foundation in the Saga Bank Foundation (2007)
The encouragement prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition
The grand prix in the Hana's exhibition
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, the Arita International Ceramics Competition
The TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition and other exhibitions