TOP > Artists > OGUSHI, Hidenori
・The second generation potter of Oshu kiln established by his father.
・OGUSHI studied how to throw the potter' s wheel under NAKAMURA, Seiroku.
・All works are handworked with the jobs of thorwning the potter's wheel, engraving, and painting.
・Making use of long-established tradition, OGUSHI is committed to work porcelain provided with dignity and emotion.
・There are five rooms in a climing kiln where main fuel akamatsu are used for 35 hour firing.
・He has the natinal qualification of Arita Imari traditional craftsman.
- Imari-shi, Saga prefecture in 1959
- Saga Ceramics Reseach Laboratory
- 1657-9 Okawachiyama-otsu, Imari-shi, Saga 848-0025 Japan
- Imari Ceramic Art Association
- The Nihon Keizai Shimbun, Inc. prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (1999)
- The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, The Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition and other exhibitions