TOP > Artists > TAKAMORI, Seiji
・TAKAMORI-san learned cramics at three places, in Karatsu, Kyoto and Arita.
・Japanese iroe, which is painted various patterns all over surface with colorful paints.
・He translates ko-imari style into the modern design.
・While bringing out the characteristics of material, he puts a sense of aesthetics into works..
・He has the natinal qualification of Arita Imari traditional craftsman.
- Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka prefecture in 1962
- Arita Industry High School (- 1981)
- 605-18 Kitanokawachi-hei, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 849-4166 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
Saga Ceramic Art Association
Arita Ceramic Art Association
- The Nishi-nippon Ceramics grand prix in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1999)
The Okinawa prefecture Governor prize in the Exhibition of Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2001)
The FM Saga,Inc. prize in the Saga Kenten (2001)
The Saga TV Station prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2009)
The Arita mayor prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2011)
The Branch Chief prize in the Exhibition of Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2018)
The Saga Shimbun company prize in the Arita International Ceramics Competition (2021)
The NCC Nagasaki Culture Telecasting Corporation prize in the Exhibition of Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2021)
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, the Arita International Ceramics Competition
and other exhibitions