TOP > Artists > TAKAMORI, Seiji
・TAKAMORI learned cramics at three places, in Karatsu, in Kyoto and in Arita before getting independet in 2003.
・Such experiences enables him to produce ceramic variously.
・He's always committetd to handwork, for instance, throwing the potter's wheel.
・While bringing the best out of materials, he puts a sense of aesthetics into works..
・He has the natinal qualification of Arita Imari traditional craftsman.
・He traslates ko-imari style into the modern design.
- Kitakyushu-shi, Fukuoka prefecture in 1962
- Arita Industry High School (- 1981)
- 605-18 Kitanokawachi-hei, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 849-4166 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
Saga Ceramic Art Association
Arita Ceramic Art Association
- The Nishi-nippon Ceramics grand prix in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1999)
The Okinawa prefecture Governor prize in the Exhibition of Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2001)
The FM Saga,Inc. prize in the Saga Kenten (2001)
The Saga TV Station prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2009)
The Arita mayor prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2011)
The Branch Chief prize in the Exhibition of Art Crafts of SEIBU Area in Japan (2018)
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, the Arita International Ceramics Competition
and other exhibitions