TOP > Artists > NAKAMURA, Seiroku
Saga Prefecture Important Intangible Cultural Asset Ceramics White Porcelain
The legendary ceramic artist in Arita, Saga prefecture.
He spent 70 years for the ceramic arts shaping clay on a wheel.
His art pieces are even more valued after his death in 2011.
Some of his representative arts were offered to the Japanese Emperor.
He also performed onstage in front of the Japanese Emperor.
- Born in Hasami-cho, Nagasaki prefecture
- Entered to Nakakura Pottery Manufacture as the master of the potter's wheel
- "The governor of Saga prefecture Grand prix" in the Saga Prefecture Pottery Forming Technique Competition
- Established Seiroku Kiln
- Exhibition to EXPO'70
- Japan Art Crafts Association regular member
- Issuikai regular member
The first grade ceramic craftsman by the examination of the Minister of Labor
- Commendation by the Minster of Labor as the excellent specialist and the title for modern skillful craftsman.
- Authorization by Traditional Art Crafts qualification by The Traditional Art Crafts Industry Promotion Association
- "Oju hosho (A national Medal with Yellow Ribbonr)"
- "The Minister of Eduacation, Science and Culture prize" in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition
- "The Minister of International Trade and Industry Effort prize"
"The Minister of International Trade and Industry prize" in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition
Solo exhibition in SEIBU, Ikebukuro
- Chairman of the National Traditional Craftsman Association
- Solo exhibition in MITSUKOSHI, Nihonbashi
"The Saga prefecture Art Culture Effort prize"
- Saga Prefecture Important Intangible Cultural Asset Ceramics White Porcelain
"The Minister of Foreign Affairs prize" in the '90 International Ceramics Exhibition by Japanese Ceramics Association sponsorship
- The demonstration of the potter's wheel at Japanese Art Crafts special planning place of The Diana Contest in Paris, France
The demonstration for the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition as the U.K. and Japan Exchange 100th anniversary official event in London and Sunderland
- "The Japan Broadcasting Association Chairman prize" in the National Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition
- "The NHK Chairman prize" in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition.
- "The Mayor of Consumer Goods Industries Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry prize" in the National Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition
- "The Chairman of National Federation of Small Business Associations prize"
- "The minister of Economic Industry prize" in the National Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition
- "The Saga Newspaper Culture Prize"
- Solo exhibition at MITSUKOSHI, Nihonbashi
- Exhibition to the Germany Arita Ceramic Exhibition
- Eternal Sleep
- The presentation for Japanese Emperor "The pair covered pottery with the shape of the bell"
- The presentation for Japanese Emperor "Five small covered pottery"
- British Mueum
- "White Porcelain Pitcher"," White Porcelain Lusterless Yamanami Vase"
- Ise shrine treasure sanctuary
- "White Porcelain Jar"
- Agency for Cultural Affairs
- "White Porcelain Lusterless Bowl"
- National Modern Museum
- "White Porcelain Lusterless Deep Bowl", "Jar"
- Sacklar Museum
- "White Porcelain Deep Bowl"
- Kyushu Pottery Museum
- "White Porcelain Lusterless Deep Bowl"
Winnings or Awards
From 1960 to 1990 Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition
From 1966 to 1991 Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition
From 1968 to 1992 Issuikai Exhibition
From 1971 to 2008 the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition
From 1975 to 2009 Japan Art Crafts Association Regular Member Exhibition
From 1978 to 1986 Chunichi (China and Japan) International Pottery Exhibition
From 1981 to 1991 Nishinippon Ceramics Art Exhibition
From 1984 to 2002 National Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition
1101 Nanbaru-ko, Arita-cho, Nishimatsuura-gun, Saga 844-0027 Japan