TOP > Artists > ICHINO, Masahiko
・His father, Shinsui, is also a ceramic artist of tea bowls.
・Masahiko learned pottery under IMAI, Masayuki in Kyoto.
・He always puts sense of fun into ceramics which also amuses people.
・He is committed to using clay taken in Tanba region and makes bold design like renewing the Tanba-yaki.
・Akadobe glazed work is valued in the way of combination both unique shape and warm red color.
- Konda-cho, Sasayama-shi, Hyogo prefecture in 1961
- Kyoto Saga Art College (- 1981)
- Kamitachikui-Onaka, Konda-cho, Sasayama-shi, Hyogo 669-2135 Japan
- The Grand prix in the Japan Ceramic exhibition (1995)
The excellent prize in the the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (1998)
The Grand prix in the Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition (2009)
The Hyogo prefectural Culture prize (2011)
and many more
- The Asahi Ceramic Art Exhibition, The Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition and other exhibitions
New Orleans Museum of Art
Victoria & Alert Museum
The Museum of Ceramic Art, Hyogo
Higashihiroshima City Musuem of Art
The Tanabe Museum of Art