TOP > Artists > ICHINO, Shinsui
・His father, Ichino Shinsui, was a tea pottery artist in Tanba ware.
・He succeeded to the name of ICHINO, Shinsui in 2002 and has become the second generation potter.
・Shinsui collaborates with his younger borther, Masahiko, to hold group exhibition in Tokyo.
・He is committed to making Tanba-yaki with warm texture and soft feature that clay has.
・Tea bowls are fired in the semi-basement anagama at 1,200 degree for successive 30 hours.
・They have elegant scene we can see things like natural graze, faint red color and burnt.
- Konda-cho, Sasayama-shi, Hyogo prefecture in 1957
- Kyoto University of the Arts (- 1977)
- 4-3 Kamitachikui, Konda-cho, TanbaSasayama-shi, Hyogo 669-2135 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
- The Culture Assocaiation prize in the Japan Ceramic exhibition (1983)
The Kobe Shimbun prize in the Hyogo Craft Exhibition (1991)
The Kobe Shimbun prize in the Hyogo Craft Exhibition (1993)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, Kinki, The Tea Bowl Zokei Exhibition and other exhibitions