TOP > Artists > MINAMI, Shigemasa
・MINAMI was brought up in the southern part of Ishikawa prefecture where Kutani-yaki manufacturers are located.
・He used to work as a designer at the factory of the western style tableware.
・Once working at the Kutani Ware visitor center, he engaged himself in creating works.
・The feature of the work is precise brush strokes to express realistic plants and animals.
・Those pictures seem to have actual moving to make us feel fun.
- Nomi-gun, Ishikawa prefecture in 1950
- NIKKO CERAMICS ,INC. (- 1981)
- 2-30 Matsugaoka, Nomi-shi, Ishikawa 923-1225 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The Excellent prize in the Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (1986)
The Encouragement prize in the Japanese Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (1992)
The Excellent prize in the Ishikawa Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (1994)
The Grand prix in the 26th Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (2003)
The 14th Kakiemon memorial prize in TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2020)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Ishikawa Traditional Art Crafts Exhibitioni, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition and other exhibitions