TOP > Artists > SAKAI, Hiroshi
・The family business is the ceramic industry for restraurants with mass production.
・Hiroshi was greatly shocked from works produced by KATO, Kozo who is one of the greatest Mino ware potter.
・After graduated from the Ishoken, he trained under KATO about technique like throwing the potter's wheel.
・He's always creating his own style about new Shino series in terms of shape, color, sprit pattern and a sense of tension.
・His arts are worth seeing of crack pattern called "kairagi" appeared on the surface in a firm shape.
- Toki-shi, Gifu prefecture in 1960
- Nagoya Institute of Technology
- 1080-1 Dachi-cho, Toki-shi, Gifu 509-5401 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The Silver prize in the International Ceramics Mino Festival (2002)
The Iwakuni Museum prize in the Hagi Grand Prix of Contemporary Ceramics (2010)
The Mie Prefectural Board of Education prize in the Tokai Traditional Kogei Exhibition (2013)
The Grand Prix in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2013)
The Interior Aqua prize in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2018)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Tokai Traditional Kogei Exhibition, the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition
and other exhibitions