TOP > Artists > FUKUNO, Michitaka
・FUKUNO trained under ITO, Motohiko who was one of the greatest Kasama potter with "nunome" technique.
・Works feature a balanced combination between an original geometric pattern and overglaze decoration, and gold decoration.
・However, the design is not mechanical, it rather comes from coating colors, that tells us softness and simplicity.
・He carefully paints his patterns one by one with his left hand using a brush and handmade paints.
・We enjoy artworks that are bringing out bright feeling while getting into the swing of things.
- Iwatsuki-shi, Saitama prefecture in 1970
- Ibaraki prefectural Ceramics Institute
- 3194-14 Hakoda, Kasama-shi, Ibaraki 309-1631 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
Ibaraki Art Crafts Associaition
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The encouragement prize in the Ibaraki Art Festival Art Exhibition (1999)
The excellent prize in the Ibaraki Art Festival Art Exhibition (2001)
The Rookie of the Year award in the 29th Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (2006)
The Eastern Japan Branch Office prize in the 46th Japan Traditional Art Crafts New Art Exhibition (2006)
The 80th anniversary of the founding of Ibaraki Art Crafts Associaition prize in the Ibaraki Art Crafts Associaition Exhibition (2009)
The 40th Anniversary prize in the 40th Exhibition of Japanese Traditional Ceramic Art (2012)
The Sapporo Interior Aqua prize in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan (2014)
The encouragement prize in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan (2015)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of East Japan Traditional "KOGEI", the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition
and other exhibitions