TOP > Artists > TAKEMURA, Shigeo
・TAKEMURA was born in Kyoto, Yamashina.
・He learned ceramics under KIMURA, Morinobu who was a famous artist in the terms of glazed pottery.
・Dainichi kiln was open in his hometown Yamashina-ku, Kyoto-shi in 1980.
・Haiyu is main work and he makes glaze using materials cultivated in the fields near his house.
・They are completely handmade graze such as Yoko-yu sunflower, Hakuho-yu and Kohan-yu grapevine.
- Yamashina, Kyoto prefecture in 1953
- Hiyoshigaoka High School (-1972)
- 110 Kanshujigoshouchi-cho, Yamashina-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto 607-8218 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
Kyoto Arts and Crafts Artists Association
- The Encouragement prize in the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition, Kinki (1996)
The Chairman of the Kyoto prefectural Board of Education prize in the Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, Kinki (2007)
The Japan Kogei Association prize in the Pottery Exhibition (2010)
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, Kinki, The Shinsho Kogei Exhibition, and other exhibitions