TOP > Artists > HATAISHI, Shuji
・The family business is pottery of Imari-yaki with more than 80 year history.
・Shuji learned sculpture in college and had a dream of becoming a sculptor.
・He returned to hometown, and increasingly start to be interested in making porcelain as helping out the family business.
・A series called Rin has the rim carving jagged, and it means sense of floating. Once black color's figure was created and white body is also made these days.
・Both of tradition and creation give a good effect on works and he advances toward future Imari-yaki production.
- Imari-shi, Saga prefecture in 1985
- Faculty of Art, Tokyo Zokei university (-2010)
Arita College of Ceramics (-2012)
- 1820 Okawachi-cho-otsu, Imari-shi, Saga 848-0025 Japan
- TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The Okinawa Governor prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2012)
The Second prize (A runner-up)" in the Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition (2013)
The Ibaraki Traffic prize in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2013)
The Saga Governor prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2013)
The Saga Ceramic Art Association prize in the Saga Kenten (2013)
The Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun Ltd. prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2014)
The Asahi Shimbun Company prize (Grand Prix) in the Arita International Ceramics Competition (2016)
The Saga TV prize in the Arita International Ceramics Competition (2017)
The Saga Ceramic Art Association prize in the Arita International Ceramics Competition (2018)
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, The Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition and other exhibitions