TOP > Artists > MORIYAMA, Kanjiro
・Kanjiro is the eledest son of Motomi Moriyama who is the founder of the Moriyamakanzan kiln.
・He is using the skill from Koishiwara ware base and that stylish design makes us feel aesthetics.
・He also found that the cool-reduced vessel showed a unique metallic texture on the surface.
・Kanjiro exhibitis series of "kiritsugi" sharp modeling by cutting the soil, changing the shape and joining with glaze.
・Solo exhibition is held in diffrenet galleries.
- Koishiwara village, Fukuoka prefecture in 1984
- Arts and Crafts course, Faculty of Culture and Education Saga University
- 871-1 Oazakoishiwara, Toho-mura, Asakura-gun, Fukuoka 838-1601 Japan
- TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
Fukuoka prefecture Art Association
- The Saga prefecture governor prize in the Saga Art Association Exhibition (2002)
The judge special prize in the Nagasaki Ceramics Exhibition (2003)
The Chikugo mayor prize in the Chikugo-shi Art Exhibition (2004)
The The Saga prefecture governor prize in the Saga Kenten (2007)
The Grand prix in the Asahi Ceramic Art Exhibition (2007)
The Fukuoka prefecture Art Associaition prize in the Fukuoka Kenten (2012)
The 14th Kakiemon prize in the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition (2014)
The Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2015)
The Nishi-nippon Newspaper company prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2015)
The Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology prize in the Arita International Ceramics Competition (2016)
and many more
- The Kyushu Yamaguchi Exhibition, The Japan Ceramic Art Exhibition, The Kikuchi Biennale, the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition and other exhibitions