TOP > Artists > MIYAMOTO, Masao
・Masao is a son of MIYAMOTO, Tadao who is the master of painting with Kokutani-style.
・He paid attention to Oji-Kosai skill which was developed in the Ming Dynasty of China and practiced to acquire it.
・Goldfish, birds, flowers and other concrete patterns are dyed in the gradation of glaze.
・He uses the part of white colored unglazed clay as space and this is evaluated as new decoration of Kutani-yaki.
・He recently makes the raw clay with texture by the detailed zaffer's line-drawn and the scraffito.
・The work named Ryokuyu with green glazed decoration is released in various exhibitions.
・He has the national qualification of Kutani traditional craftsman.
- Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa prefecture in 1971
- Tokyo University of the Arts (- 1996)
- I-14-3, Hiraomotemachi, Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa 923-0036 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan
- The Excellent prize in the Kenrokuen Grand Tea Ceremony Exhibition (2002)
The Excellent prize in the the Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (2005, 2006)
The Encouragement prize in the Ishikawa Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition (2008)
The Kanazawa mayor prize in the Ishikawa Kogei Exhibition (2014)
The Grand prix in the Kenrokuen Grand Tea Ceremony Exhibition (2016)
The TOKI Oribe Eencouragement prize in the Contemporary Tea Utensils Exhibition (2018)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Ishikawa Kogei Exhibitioni, TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition The Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition and other exhibitions