TOP > Artists > ASAKURA, Isokichi
Isokichi Shinko Kiln
・Yawata-machi has been the production place for unglazed Kutaniyaki since it was Taisho era.
・He succeeded the name Isokichi, as the third generation potter and became the head of Isokichi Shinko Kiln.
・Isokichi studided under KITADE, Tojiro who was the maestro of overglaze enamel.
・Deep and soft yellow collar is the feature and his works are highly valued among many sponsered exhibitions.
・He has the national qualification of Kutani traditional craftsman.
- Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa prefecture in 1941
- Nagoya Industrial Technology Research Institute (- 1962)
- Mi-50-1, Yawata, Komatsu-shi, Ishikawa 923-0833 Japan
- Kutaniyaki Preservation Society
- The Jisho prize in the Ishikawa prefecture Conemporary Art Exhibition (1970)
The Grand prix in the Ishikawa prefecture Conemporary Ar Exhibition (1972)
The Hoki-Kaiin prize in the Japan Contemporary Arts and Crafts Exhibition (1980)
The Special prize in Ishikawa Contemporary Arts Exhibition (1987)
The Minister of Education prize in the Japan Contemporary Arts and Crafts Exhibition (1999)
The Excellent prize in the Traditional Kutani Ware Art Crafts Exhibition (2010)
and many more
- The Japan Contemporary Arts and Crafts Exhibition, The Ishikawa prefecture Contemporary Arts Exhibitioni, The Nitten and other exhibitions