TOP > Artists > OTA, Tomitaka
・Maruwa-gama is the place where he was born and brought up.
・A wide range of koishiwara-yaki skills are handled and Tomitaka is engaged in more expanded expression.
・He horned the skill in the U.S. and also learned the western slipware in England.
・Design is developed into unique picture by extracting essence through the study abroad.
・Enjoy the combination of both sharp forms and distinctive glazed colors.
- Koishiwara village, Fukuoka prefecture in 1969
- The Arita Industry high school (-1988)
The Arita College of Ceramics (- 1990)
- 892-1 Oazakoishiwara, Toho-mura, Asakura-gun, Fukuoka 838-1601 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association
Fukuoka prefecture Art Association
Fukuoka Ceramic Artist Association
- The Okinawa prefecture governor prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1994)
The Minister of Education, Culture and Science prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1996)
The Nagasaki prefecture governor prize in the Nagasaki Ceramic Exhibition (1997)
The Fukuoka prefecture governor prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (1997)
The Minister of Labor prize in the Japan Folk Crafts Exhibition (1997)
The Excellent prize in the the Nissin Foods Contemporary Ceramic Art [Noodle Bowl] Exhibition (1998)
The chief of International Trade and Industry prize in the Kyushu Yamaguchi Ceramics Exhibition (2000)
The Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2003)
The Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry prize in the Nishi-nippon Ceramic Art Exhibition (2004)
and many more
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, The Exhibition of Traditional Kogei of SEIBU Area in Japan, The Arita International Ceramics Competition and other exhibitions