TOP > Artists > ARAKAWA, Satoshi
・He was attractive with Shigaraki ware, moved to Shigaraki-cho and worked at pottery factory.
・Then he studied under OTANI, Shiro who is the master of Shigaraki high-fired pottery.
・Arakawa kiln was built in 2001 after he finshed learning. His solo exhibition is held on each place, including the Sogo Yokohama.
・Pattern created in the anagama by continuous firing for five days are precious to watch.
・He develops the Shigaraki tradition and puts modern sense to the works.
- Shinjo-shi, Yamagata prefecture in 1983
- Sansui pottery in Shigaraki-cho (1992-1997)
- 827-52 Hosohara, Shigaraki-cho, Koga-shi, Shiga 529-1836 Japan
- Japan Kogei Association Kinki branch
- The Japan Traditional Kogei Exhibition, the Japan Traditional Art Crafts Exhibition, Kinki, the TOBI, the Ceramic Art Society of Japan Exhibition